28 June 2009

Marathon in time 3h 39m 39s !!!


I don't normally like running too much. I've done couple of multisport events and running is normally part of those.
After Crazyman I've decided to upgrade my running shoes and from there it wasn't far to sign for the Wellington Harbour Capital Marathon (http://www.harbourcapital.org.nz). I had (and I still have) respect to marathon, so I've decided that this time I have to do some training. I started to run more regularly about 1.5 month ago, once or twice a week about 10km and one longer run two weeks ago from home to the other side of Wellington (28km), but the most recent ~8km run this Wed wasn't really good, with my left knee sore as.
I've started applying an anti inflammatory cream on the sore knee and I finally decided to run, but I was ready to give up in case if the knee problem appears on the track.
Aiming for time between 4h15 and 4h30 and considering 4h being dream time. I was really surprised with the pace and with turning back in the half at about 1h43m I've finally finished in unofficial time just under 3h40; you can imagine that this made me really excited ;) Official results are here.



Popravde receno nemam moc rad behani. Ale ucastnil jsem se dvou multisport zavodu a tam je behani jednou z casi. A po crazymanovi jsem se rozhodl poridit si nove bezecke boty, a odtamtud uz to byl jen kousek k tomu prihlasit se na Wellington Harbour Capital Marathon (http://www.harbourcapital.org.nz). Mel jsem (a porad mam) respekt k maratonu, tak jsem se rozhodl ze tentokrat musim trochu trenovat. Zacal jsem behat vice pravidelne, jednou az dvakrat tydne cca 10km a jeden delsi beh pred dvema tydny z domu na opacnou stranu Wellingtonu (28km), ale uplne posledni beh ve stredu ~8km byl docela nedobry, a uz to vypadalo ze jsem si neco udelal s levym kolenem.
Tak jsem zacal mazat koleno antizanetlivym kremem a nakonec jsem se rozhodl bezet, ale byl jsem pripraven to vzdat pokud se koleno zase ozve.
Tipoval jsem se na cas mezi 4h15 a 4h30, jakykoliv cas pod 4h jsem povazoval za cas z rise snu. Byl jsem opravud prekvapeny jake jsem byl schopny ze zacatku udrzovat tempo a v polovine jsem otacel v case 1h43m; a do cile jsem nakonec dorazil v neoficialnim case pod 3h40; a muzete si predstavit ze jsem byl stastny jak zelva ;) Oficialni vysledky jsou tady.

Last metres before the finishPosledni metry pred cilem

No comments: